All XU faculty, staff and students who conduct research involving human subjects are required to submit verification of completion of human subject training. Please click here for more information.
Click on the form name to open the interactive PDF form. Complete the form electronically, save a copy of the completed form to your hard drive (otherwise your entries will be lost), print and sign the completed form, and send it with accompanying documentation to the IRB office.
These forms are the most commonly used forms.
- IRB Application Form with Instructions: Submit this form and accompanying documents to initiate IRB review.
- Determining Human Subjects Research: Submit this form prior to submitting an application to determine if proposal is research needing IRB oversight.
- Progress Report Form: Submit this form if research was previously approved in the expedited or full review category to request an extension of approval or to report that research has been completed. Your completed, SAVED form may be sent as an email attachment (type your name on the signature line).
- Protocol Modification Request Form: Submit this form to request a modification to a previously approved protocol
- Adverse Event Report Form: Submit this form immediately upon occurrence of an adverse event. Injury to subjects, breaches of confidentiality and unapproved deviations from the protocol are examples of adverse events that must be reported to the IRB and the research halted if necessary.
Search IRB Policies and Procedures Manual for complete topical information.