Institutional Review Board
Any research project involving human subjects that is conducted by or involving Xavier University faculty, staff or students is subject to review and approval by the IRB to ensure the protection of study participants.
Protocols are reviewed on an on-going basis. Those requiring full board review may require additional time to allow for full board input.
- Federalwide Assurance number: FWA00010889
- XU IRB registration number: IRB00004019
A staff member is available to answer any questions during office hours.
Commonly Used Forms
- IRB Application Form with Instructions: Download this form and complete using Adobe Acrobat, attach necessary forms and submit to initiate IRB review.
- Determining Human Subjects Research: Submit this form prior to submitting an application to determine if proposal is research needing IRB oversight.
- Informed Consent Template: Submit this form with your application.
- Progress Report Form: Submit this form if research was previously approved in the expedited or full review category to request an extension of approval or to report that research has been completed. Your completed, SAVED form may be sent as an email attachment (type your name on the signature line).
- Protocol Modification Request Form: Submit this form to request a modification to a previously approved protocol
- Faculty Advisor Assurance: Submit this form with all student research
3800 Victory Parkway
Cincinnati, Ohio 45207-1100
Mail Location: 1100
Conaton Learning Commons, Room 318
Monday & Tuesday:
7AM - 3 PM
Thursday: 10 AM - 2 PM