Instructional Design & Technology (IDT) guides faculty in designing student-centered learning experiences based on educational research and Ignatian pedagogical principles. In a higher education landscape that increasingly connects teachers and students virtually, across time zones and borders, IDT promotes authentic community formation and learning that is engaging, interdependent, inclusive, and accessible.
We do this by:
- Teaching and supporting faculty in developing instruction, including fully online courses, mediated through technology.
- Supporting Xavier's online learning strategy by helping with the design, promotion, and assessment of fully online programs.
- Collaborating with, leading, and empowering faculty and staff to create effective educational resources & learning experiences.
- Creating effective resources, training and support for faculty, students, and online programs.
- Evaluating current and emerging instructional technologies and supporting faculty in using technology to enhance student engagement and learning.
Click on the navigation links on the left side of this page to explore our website and resources further.