Admission to LECOM is subject to the applicant's meeting the following minimum criteria:
- Minimum Undergraduate Courses Needed at Xavier*
- 6 Cr Hrs of English
- 6 Cr Hrs of Behavioral Science
- 4 Cr Hrs of Physics including labs
- 8 Cr Hrs General Biology including labs
- 8 Cr Hrs General Chemistry including labs
- 8 Cr Hrs Organic Chemistry including labs
- 3 Cr Hrs Biochemistry
- 3 Cr Hrs Genetics
- Cumulative Overall GPA* = 3.4
- Cumulative Science GPA* = 3.2
*CLEP may not be used to satisfy any of the minimum requirements.
*No grade lower than "C" will be accepted.
*Credit for Pass/Fail courses will not be accepted
Students will be exempt from the Medical College Admission Test requirement providing:
- They have taken at least one Biochemistry course and one Genetics course and have earned a grade of "C" or higher in each; and
- Have provided LECOM with official documentation of their SAT (math and critical reasoning) or ACT composite scores.
- A student not meeting the GPA and SAT/ACT entry criteria or not having an SAT/ACT score must take the MCAT and score at or above the 50th percentile.
- Students must be able to demonstrate intellectual-conceptual, integrative and quantitative abilities; possess skills in observation, communication, and motor functions; and display mature behavioral and social attributes. Technological compensation can be made for some disabilities in some of these areas, but a candidate must be able to perform in a reasonably independent manner without a trained intermediary.
- The student must have a background check, including a drug and alcohol screening.
- Shadowing an osteopathic physician is highly recommended but not required.
Is it possible to lose my acceptance for non-academic reasons?
Examples of reasons for withdrawing the provisional acceptance to LECOM include but are not limited to:
- Being placed on conduct probation while in undergraduate school;
- Uncovering information related to criminal activity not previously disclosed but reported in the criminal background check;
- Concerns presented in the letters of recommendation; or
- Behaviors inconsistent with professional attitudes or those that might harm the reputation of LECOM or the profession.
Apply to Xavier
Apply to the Early Acceptance Program at LECOM