Ed Fair Employer Logistics
The seven institutions that collaboratively present the Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Education Career Fair look forward to your participation in this virtual event on Wednesday, March 31, 2021 from 9:00 AM - 3:00 PM (ET) via the CareerFair+ virtual fair platform. Traditionally this Fair attracts 300+ candidates from Miami University, Mount St. Joseph University, Northern Kentucky University, University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton, Wilmington College, and Xavier University, making this event a prime opportunity to share information about anticipated openings and interview a number of qualified candidates from seven colleges/universities in one day. Logistics for the fair are listed below.
UPDATE YOUR EVENT CONTACT AND ANTICIPATED HIRING NEEDS
Employers who transferred their 2020 Education Career Fair registration to the 2021 virtual event are encouraged to provide their updated event point of contact and anticipated hiring needs by completing this brief form.
POST YOUR AVAILABLE OPPORTUNITIES ON HANDSHAKE
Please login to Handshake and post the job opportunities for which you intend to recruit at the Virtual Education Career Fair. Providing this information helps candidates as they prepare for the Education Career Fair and can be a draw to your organization. Need assistance with posting your positions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR LOGISTICS
Information about your organization and hiring needs provided at the time of registration will be pre-loaded into the the CareerFair+ virtual fair platform. Employers will have the opportunity to engage with candidates via text and video chat, staff a virtual drop-in room, and run multiple concurrent interview schedules for the duration of the event. Look for an email prompting you to set your event schedule by March 12. Candidates will begin signing up for sessions beginning March 17.
SCHEDULE SET UP:
- CareerFair+ automatically emails the person who registered for the career fair to create a login account and set up your schedules for the fair. The registrant can set up multiple schedules and add additional recruiters. The email will come from an @careerfairplus.com address; if you have not received this, contact Valarie Jacobsen.
- Group sessions are designed to share overall information about your organization and the employment opportunities available, while 1:1 sessions are interview slots. You may adjust the length of your sessions as desired and employers may set prerequisites to screen candidates based on their profile data.
- Schedules MUST be created by end-of-business on Friday, March 12. Candidates will begin signing up for sessions at 4:00 PM on March 17.
- ADDITIONAL RESOURCES:
LEADING UP TO THE FAIR:
- CareerFair+ offers weekly recruiter webinars and other Recruiter Resources for employers.
- If your schedules are full, you can add additional recruiters/schedules, even for a portion of the fair.
- Schedules cannot be combined; candidates cannot be moved from one schedule to another.
- You must test the video functionality before the career fair. You do not need to set up a separate video platform for your conversations – CareerFair+ has an integrated video feature. If you are unable to use the CareerFair+ video platform due to company firewall or other issues, they will work with you to connect an alternate platform. If desired, you have the option to add your own link to Zoom, Teams, or another external platform.
DAY OF THE FAIR:
- Use the CareerFair+ platform to attend your video meetings, save candidate notes, mark next steps, and export a list of candidates with links to their resumes.
- Each recruiter remains in the same video room throughout the fair; candidates knock and the recruiter admits them or puts them on hold until ready.
- Candidates can continue to schedule appointments during the career fair, so you must monitor your schedule closely for late additions. If you are stepping away from your computer, you should block the appointment times until you’ll return so students aren't arriving in an empty room.
Members of the Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Education Career Fair consortium will be hosting an Employer Support Zoom Room during the fair, making it easy to connect with us for quick Q&A, troubleshooting, and to learn how to further engage with students and alumni from the seven consortium campuses.
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION, & REFUNDS
While the Virtual Education Career Fair is facilitated via the CareerFair+ platform, registration payments are made through your Handshake account. Full refunds will be issued for any cancellation made before March 12, 2021 at 5:00 PM. After this time, your organization may cancel, however no refunds will be granted and your invoice must be paid in full to be approved for future career fair registrations.
INCLEMENT WEATHER, COVID-19 IMPACT
Because the 2021 Education Career Fair is a virtual event, we do not anticipate a need to cancel due to inclement weather or a transition to remote learning due to COVID. Should the unpredictable occur, the Education Career Fair consortium will assess the situation and make a decision by 8:00 AM on the day of the fair. Registrants and representatives will be notified via email and an announcement will appear on the front page of the Xavier University Career Development website (www.xavier.edu/career) should something occur which would impact the virtual event.
JOIN THE SOUTHWEST OHIO/NORTHERN KENTUCKY EDUCATORS LINKEDIN GROUP
Connect with students and alumni seeking teaching opportunities and other positions within a school setting by joining the Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Educators LinkedIn group.
CONNECT WITH CONSORTIUM CAMPUSES
To post your available positions and further engage with the campuses within the Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Education Career Fair consortium, please visit:
- Miami University - email@example.com or (513) 529-3831; Instagram: @miamiohcareers
- Mount St. Joseph University - firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 244-4888; Instagram: @msjcareercenter
- Northern Kentucky University - email@example.com or (859) 572-5680; Instagram: @nkucareerservices
- University of Cincinnati - firstname.lastname@example.org or (513) 566-5000; Instagram: @hireuc
- University of Dayton - email@example.com or (937) 229-2045; Instagram: @udaytoncareers
- Wilmington College - firstname.lastname@example.org or (937) 481-2299; Instagram: @wc_careers
- Xavier University - email@example.com or (513) 745-4886; Instagram: @xucareer
The Southwest Ohio/Northern Kentucky Education Career Fair is a collaborative event presented by Miami University, Mount St. Joseph University, Northern Kentucky University, University of Cincinnati, University of Dayton, Wilmington College,and Xavier University.