BIG EAST Virtual Career Fair
Eleven campuses comprise the BIG EAST conference, including Butler University, Creighton University, DePaul University, Georgetown University, Marquette University, Providence College, Seton Hall University, St. John's University, University of Connecticut, Villanova University, and Xavier University. See below for information about each participating campus and the academic programs their graduates represent. A link is also provided to aid you in connecting with the employer relations staff at each campus.
- Butler University - Indianapolis, Indiana: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Creighton University - Omaha, Nebraska: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- DePaul University - Chicago, Illinois: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Georgetown University - Washington DC: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Marquette University - Milwaukee, Wisconsin: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Providence College - Providence, Rhode Island: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Seton Hall University - South Orange, New Jersey: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- St. John's University - Queens, New York: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- University of Connecticut - Storrs, Connecticut: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Villanova University - Villanova, Pennsylvania: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
- Xavier University - Cincinnati, Ohio: Academic Programs - Employer Relations
POST YOUR POSITIONS ON HANDSHAKE
Please login to Handshake to post your available full-time job opportunities. Providing this information helps candidates as they prepare for the BIG EAST Virtual Career Fair and can be a draw to your organization. Need assistance with posting your positions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR LOGISTICS
Upon registration approval, you will receive a notification from Handshake indicating that you’re able to schedule group and 1:1 candidate meetings for the fair. You can schedule 30-minute group meetings with room for 50 candidates each. If you’d like to host larger group meetings during the fair, you’ll be able to enter an external video meeting link and host the meeting in the system of your choice. The following resources will be helpful as you create your schedule and prepare for the career fair:
- Virtual Career Fair Playbook for Employers
- Virtual Career Fair Quick Start Guide
- Virtual Fairs in Handshake: A Guide for Employers
- Creating a Schedule for Virtual Fairs
- Claiming & Participating in a Schedule
- Managing Schedules for Virtual Fairs
- Hosting Virtual Fair Sessions
- Video Requirements and Troubleshooting for Employers
VIRTUAL FAIR TRAINING FOR EMPLOYERS
Handshake is hosting a series of training webinars for employers, including recordings of sessions helpful to reference throughout the summer. Visit Handshake's Spring Virtual Recruiting Enablement HQ to access helpful content.
BIG EAST VIRTUAL FAIR EMPLOYER OFFICE HOURS: JULY 20, 12:30-1:00 PM (ET)
Handshake is also hosting virtual office hours specifically for employers registered to participate in the BIG EAST Virtual Career Fair on Tuesday, July 20, 12:30-1:00 PM (ET) via Zoom. Drop in during this timeframe to get assistance with setting your virtual fair schedule, communicating with candidates ahead of the event, or for Q&A on anything on your mind as the virtual fair approaches.
Members of the BIG EAST Career Consortium will be hosting an Employer Support Zoom Room during the fair, making it easy to connect with us for quick Q&A, troubleshooting, and to learn how to further engage with our students and alumni.
- Click here to join the Employer Support Zoom Room
- Reporting an Issues during the Virtual Career Fair
TIPS TO FILL YOUR SCHEDULE
Prior to the fair and after setting your schedule, registered organizations are encouraged to message candidates, inviting them to connect with you at the BIG EAST Virtual Career Fair. Following are some helpful resources to personalize your outreach and stand out at the virtual fair:
- How to Send a Student a Message
- How to Stand Out at your Next Virtual Career Fair
- Virtual Career Fairs: 7 Ways Employers Can Stand Out
- Personalizing your Outreach
Now is an excellent time to schedule your virtual interviews via Handshake as a follow-up to the BIG EAST Virtual Career Fair. Handshake allows employers to use their preferred video conferencing platform when conducting virtual interviews and provides a convenient scheduling platform allowing you to connect more in-depth with those you met at the career fair. For more information on how to schedule interviews, please visit this Handshake article guiding employers on how to post an interview schedule to a school.
PAYMENT, CANCELLATION, & REFUNDS
Full refunds will be issued for any cancellation made before July 13, 2021 at 5:00 PM (ET.) After this time, your organization may cancel, however no refunds will be granted and your invoice must be paid in full to be approved for future career fair registrations per Xavier's Cancellation Policy.