There are various UNDERGRADUATE DIVERSITY INSTITUTES and WORKSHOPS to encourage and support students from underrepresented groups in philosophy. The philosophy department advisors, mentors and professors are available to assist any student who is interested in applying.
- Undergraduate Diversity Institutes in Philosophy
- Summer Program for Women in Philosophy at UC San Diego
- Compass, a workshop for female and transgender undergraduates interested in philosophy
The following links include GENERAL RESOURCES and INFORMATION on underrepresented groups in philosophy.
- Advice for Philosophy Undergrads from Underrepresented Groups, APA
- What We're Doing About What It's Like, a blog about the changes and positive steps being taken for women in philosophy
- Katrina Hutchinson and Fiona Jenkins (eds.), Women in Philosophy: What Needs to Change? Oxford University Press, 2013, 271pp., $24.95 (pbk), ISBN 9780199325610
- Collegium of Black Women Philosophers
- Committee on the Status of Women, American Philosophical Association (APA)
For WOMEN PHILOSOPHERS check out these resources.
- New Narratives in the History of Philosophy
- History of Women Philosophers
- The International Association of Women Philosophers (with a particular emphasis on feminist philosophy)
- Women Philosophers' Journal
The APA Diversity Committees publish a variety of NEWSLETTERS.
- The APA Newsletter on Asian and Asian-American Philosophers and Philosophies
- The APA Newsletter on Hispanic/Latino Issues in Philosophy
- The APA Newsletter on Native American and Indigenous Philosophy
- The APA Newsletter on LGBTQ Issues in Philosophy
- The APA Newsletter on Philosophy and the Black Experience