Xavier Student Sustainability
Xavier Student Sustainability (XSS) provides students with the opportunities to create tangible changes on Xavier University's campus in relation to environmental sustainability issues. XSS is a student program of the Dorothy Day Center for Faith and Justice. It serves as the main student connection to the Xavier Sustainability Committee as well as a key educator of sustainability efforts geared towards the student body. Membership is open to all Xavier students!
Check out more events and join our email list here!
- The Board promotes environmental sustainability on Xavier's campus through educational and action oriented events open to the general student population.
The XSS Board collaborates with Xavier's Sustainability Committee.
XSS Board Member list for 2018-2019
- Margot Bond
- Anna DeHondt
- Sean DeLellis
- Clare Ravizza
- Kayla Howell
- Kylie Joines
- Caroline Locke
- Molly Onders
- Grace Thomas
- Olivianah Baugh
- Grace Cover
Roles and responsibilities of XSS Board members include:
- Attend weekly XSS Board meetings
- Attend and facilitate bi-weekly XSS meetings (open to all students)
- Attend and actively support XSS sponsored events
- Coordinate one XSS program initiative
What We Do
- Coordinate campus programs:
- Sustainability Week
- Meatless Monday campaign and community meals
- Office composting
- Food recovery from the campus dining hall with Food Recovery Network
- Field trips
- Our Harvest CSA distribution
- Learn about Xavier's sustainability efforts and share this information with the campus community
- Converse about current sustainability issues happening on and off campus
- Actively participate in sustainability initiatives on campus including the Xavier Urban Farm