Educational Administration Program

Frequently Asked Questions

  • We offer Ohio licensure for principal, administrative specialist, school treasurer, and school superintendent
  • We offer a Master of Education in Educational Administration and Administrative Specialist

The Master of Education in Educational Administration require 30 hours of graduate-level credit. The M.Ed. program requires 4 additional courses (9 hours) beyond the licensure course requirements. The M. Ed. with Ohio licensure (Principal or Administrative Specialist) requires 30 hours of graduate-level credit plus 6 hours of graduate level Principal or Administrative Specialist Internships for a total of 36 semester hours. The Principal and Administrative Specialist Internships requires 200 clock hours over two semesters. Candidates are not required to resign or quit their current teaching position to perform internships. Educational Administration course work that are aligned to the principal and administration licensures are delivered using a Blended On Campus & Online delivery model. This means that students may need to attend class in person 4-5 times on Xavier’s Campus. The other courses throughout the semester are delivered in a synchronous (Zoom Meetings with Instructor) or asynchronous.

  • Ohio School Principal
  • Ohio Administrative Specialist *(Qualifies for roles such as Pupil Personnel Services-non principals)
  • Ohio School Treasurer
  • Ohio School Superintendent
  • If you have access to your post-secondary transcripts (undergraduate + any graduate work), send to Dr. Brett A. Burton ( and share your desired goals. Sharing your transcripts will allow your next steps to be more productive and tailored to your needs.
  • Apply! We have rolling admissions, so you can apply for our programs at this link: Apply to Xavier. There is no fee to apply and a test waiver option is available (undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited university, GPA- 3.0 or higher cumulative in undergraduate matriculation; or 3.2 or higher cumulative GPA graduate (15 credit hours or more completed at the graduate level; licensed teacher; or graduate degree). You will have to provide your official transcripts as well as other application requirements.
  • Candidates must have a Resident Educator or Professional Teaching License
  • Follow the steps outlined in your admittance email from the graduate school.
  • Look for a communication soon from Dr. Burton about next steps and to receive more specific information about requirements and your courses.

If you have a time-sensitive question or a unique situation, reach out to Dr. Burton at (513) 745-4230 or to schedule a virtual or phone meeting.

If you have any questions about the application process or about University processes, contact the Graduate School at or call directly (513) 745-3360.