Scholarships & Awards
Throughout the academic year, the Center for Diversity and Inclusion offers and awards a number of scholarships and awards to currently enrolled Xavier students. Learn more about the requirements and applications processes below.
Antonio Johnson Scholarship
This award goes to a student of African, African-American or Black descent who is currently a junior, has a 3.0 GPA and who has made contributions to the African, African-American, or Black community on and off campus. The scholarship covers tuition, fees, on-campus room & board and provides a small book stipend during their senior year. The winner is announced during the annual AJ Scholarship Gala in February.
Learn more about the Antonio Johnson Scholarship. For more information, please contact Sherrae Mack or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Authentic Leader Scholarship
The Authentic Leader Scholarship is the first of its kind on a Jesuit campus as an endowed scholarship specifically for LGBTQ+ students. Applications will be accepted in Spring 2023. The winner will be notified during the Spring 2023 semester and a scholarship of $3,000 will be awarded to their Bursar account for the Fall 2023 semester.
To qualify for this scholarship, students must:
- identify as LGBTQ+
- be an incoming first year or returning undergraduate student
- be registered full-time (at least 12 credit hours) for the Fall 2022 semester
- have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- have demonstrated a positive impact in the LGBTQ+ community through their involvement in an LGBTQ+ club, organization, or volunteer opportunity, LGBTQ+ related research, or though other LGBTQ+ related engagement
For more information, please contact Maria Merrill.
2021 - Rue Crittenden
2022- Jackson Hare
Diversity and Inclusion Award
This award is presented annually to a student who has significantly contributed to creating a campus culture of diversity and inclusion. The recipient demonstrates an ability to educate the campus about diversity and inclusion issues and build coalitions across difference.
- Candidates must be current Xavier University students.
- Candidates must demonstrate commitment to academic achievement with a cumulative 3.0 GPA or above.
- Candidates must be considered in good standing with the University.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership that speaks to the mission of the Center for Diversity and Inclusion.
This award is given at All Honors Day during the Spring semester. For more information, please contact email@example.com.