Greece Summer Study Abroad
Contact: Dr. Shannon Byrne, [email protected]
The Greece 2023 Summer Study Abroad Program is tentatively scheduled for May 23 (departure) - June 20 (return). Students earn 6 credit hours from a range of core CLAS courses that satisfy Creative Perspectives, Historical Perspectives, E/RS and Diversity Flags, and Humanities, as well as SUST 301 Cultural Studies and Sustainability (Oral Comm, Peace Studies, Diversity, Environmental Sciences, GDST) and ECON 300 International Trade and Business Environment.
The program is open to students in all four colleges and all majors. Most courses are available for Honors upgrade.
We stay at 3 and 4 star hotels and divide our time between Athens and the rest Greece as follows (not necessarily in this order):
- roughly 12 nights in Athens
- 5 nights in Peloponnesus (Olympia; Tolo (Corinth, Mycenae, Epidaurus)
- 2 nights in Delphi
- 2 nights in Kalambaka (Meteora)
- 2 nights on the island Santorini
- 3 nights on the island Naxos
The tentative cost for the program is $6290, which includes:
- tuition for two courses (required)
- hotels with air conditioning throughout the program
- all transportation in Greece (private buses on land and ferry reservations for islands)
- metro passes in Athens
- admission to all sites and museums (with Xavier AllCard)
- breakfast and dinner each day
Not included in the tentative cost: transatlantic airfare and lunch.
LeeAnn Scherbauer ([email protected]) in the Study Abroad office can help with questions about scholarships or other funds that might be available for Xavier Study Abroad programs.
Students in the 2022 Greece Program created these websites as part of the experience:
Mt. Philopappus, St. Demetrius, Pynx
Below are some Media Journals from Greece 2018:
Kathryn Sullivan Nick Tarnowski
Kelly Delano Amanda Cusimano
Mike Farrere Jaclyn Kordus