Post-Graduate Volunteer Fair
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 21, 2020 • 2:00-4:30 PM • HANDSHAKE VIRTUAL FAIR
Do you feel called to pursue additional service beyond your time at Xavier? Are you interested in living in community while exploring future career options? Post-graduation volunteer experiences can provide an excellent alternative to full-time employment as you fine-tune your career goals and explore the working world!
Xavier University is proud to partner with the University of Dayton to present the Post-Graduate Volunteer Fair, connecting service organizations with students and alumni from all majors seeking a year of volunteer service after graduation.
To ensure the health and safety of all participating students, alumni, and organizations, the 2020 Post-Graduate Volunteer Fair will be a virtual event. Participants will have the opportunity to communicate via text and video chat with organization representatives about positions and programs of interest. Options include 30-minute group meetings or 10-minute one-on-ones and students/alumni may schedule meetings in advance of the event and on the day of the fair. Event details and virtual career fair resources can be found below.
PREPARE FOR THE POST-GRADUATE VOLUNTEER FAIR
- Complete your Handshake profile and set to public.
- Ensure your polished and updated resume is uploaded to your Handshake profile for organizations participating in the event to view.
- Business casual attire recommended.
- Sign up for sessions at the fair in advance to ensure you connect with your preferred organizations.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach, connect with a Career Ambassador during drop-in hours, or engage with the Center for Faith & Justice if you need help preparing for the fair.
RESEARCH REGISTERED ORGANIZATIONS
Login to Handshake to see the full list of registered organizations and the opportunities for which they plan to recruit at the event. This list is updated as organizations register, so check back often!
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR RESOURCES
- Handshake's Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair for Students
- Video: Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Signing up for Sessions at a Virtual Fair
- Participating in a Virtual Fair
- Video Requirements and Troubleshooting for Students
- Virtual Career Fairs are Here! Next Stop: Getting Hired
- Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here are 10 Tips You Need to Know
- Preparing your Virtual Fair Elevator Pitch
- How to Prepare for Virtual 1:1 Sessions
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Dorothy Day Center for Faith & Justice
Phone: (513) 745-3560