Fall Career Fair
Thursday, September 22, 2022 • 2:00-5:00 p.m. (EDT) • Handshake Virtual Fair
Connect with employers representing a variety of corporate, non-profit and government organizations, as well as graduate schools promoting their programs at the Fall Career Fair. Open to all Xavier students and alumni seeking full-time employment, internship experience, or exploring graduate programs.
Participants will have the opportunity to communicate via text and video chat with organization representatives about positions and programs of interest. Options include 30-minute group meetings or 10-minute one-on-ones and students/alumni may schedule meetings in advance of the event and on the day of the fair. Event details and virtual career fair resources can be found below.
PREPARE FOR THE FALL CAREER FAIR
- Complete your Handshake profile and set to public.
- Ensure your polished and updated resume is uploaded to your Handshake profile for employers participating in the event to view.
- Professional attire required.
- Sign up for sessions at the fair in advance to ensure you connect with your preferred employers.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach or connect with a Peer Career Coach during drop-in hours if you need help preparing for the career fair.
CAREER FAIR PREP WEEK: Stay Tuned!
Career Development offers a variety of opportunities to help you prepare for the Fall Career Fair!
- Virtual Career Fair Prep: Learn what to expect at the virtual Fall Career Fair! Staff will talk about the Handshake virtual career fair platform, virtual interactions with employers, and how to make the best first impression. Stay tuned for details!Career Coach Drop-Ins: Prefer to connect with a Career Coach as you prepare for the Fall Career Fair? Have your resume reviewed, get advice for researching employers before the fair, or practice your elevator pitch with a Career Coach! Stay tuned for details!
RESEARCH REGISTERED EMPLOYERS
Members of the Career Development team will be hosting a Candidate Support Zoom Room during the fair, making it easy to connect with us for quick Q&A, to practice your elevator pitch, troubleshooting, and tips for organization follow-up. The Candidate Support Zoom Room will be hosted from 1:30 - 5:00 PM on Thursday, September 22nd.
- Candidate Support Zoom Room
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR RESOURCES
- Handshake's Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair for Students
- Video: Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Signing up for Sessions at a Virtual Fair
- Participating in a Virtual Fair
- Video Requirements and Troubleshooting for Students
- Virtual Career Fairs are Here! Next Stop: Getting Hired
- Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here are 10 Tips You Need to Know
- Preparing your Virtual Fair Elevator Pitch
- How to Prepare for Virtual 1:1 Sessions
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview
TELL US WHAT ORGANIZATIONS YOU WANT TO SEE AT THE FAIR
Complete this 2-minute survey to tell us what employers you most hope to see at the Fall Career Fair. We will reach out to them to encourage them to register!