Faculty and Staff
AT XAVIER, CAREER DEVELOPMENT IS EVERYBODY'S BUSINESS.
Faculty and staff can play an important role in a student's career development by engaging in career-related conversations in a variety of settings - classrooms, residence halls, academic departments, within student organizations and countless other places.
Career Development greatly appreciates those who who partner with us and encourage students to utilize our services. When the time comes that you feel your student should be speaking with someone with an in-depth knowledge of the career research and exploration process, we are here to collaborate with you!
Here are some ways Career Development can support you and your students:
- Guidance on how to navigate major and career discernment conversations individually and with a group.
- Request a presentation from a staff member or Career Ambassador (peer career coach.)
- Career Ambassadors can hold drop-in hours at your office for quick questions or referrals.
- Host employers in your office for workshops on a topic of your choosing.
- Volunteer at a career fair to support your students while they network.
- Encourage your students to schedule an appointment with a Career Coach.
For more information, please contact Career Development at (513) 745-3141 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
IF A STUDENT SHARES THEY WERE HIRED FOR A JOB OR INTERNSHIP, LET US KNOW!
We ask that faculty and staff share what they know when students are hired for internships and their first post-Xavier jobs. This information helps us strengthen relationships with employers, connect students to new opportunities, and increases our career outcomes rate. Career outcomes are shared locally, to prospective students and families, and beyond (including accreditation teams and national rankings including U.S. News and World Report). Click here to share with us what you know.