Register for Accommodations
How to Register
Step 1: Submit verification of your disability
You can send the documentation by fax to 513.745.3387, via e-mail to email@example.com or by mail to Cassandra Jones, Office of Accessibility and Disability Resources, Xavier University, 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45207-1131
Step 2: Complete the Online Application Form
Once your documentation has been received and reviewed, you will receive an email asking you to submit the Online Application form and to schedule your appointment for your Accommodation Planning Meeting.
Step 3: Schedule your Accommodation Planning Meeting.
If you live locally or willing to come to campus, you can schedule an on-campus appointment. If you live outside of the Cincinnati area, you can schedule a phone appointment. Contact Accessibility and Disability Resources at 513.745.3280 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in person in the Michael J. Conaton Learning Commons suite 514 to schedule your Intake Appointment.
Step 4: Meet with Cassandra Jones, Director of Accessibility and Disability Resources
Through a collaborative process, we will discuss your disability and its academic implications to determine reasonable and appropriate academic accommodations.
Step 5: Request your accommodations each semester
Please follow the steps below to request to have your accommodation letters emailed to your professors.
- Go to ClockWork using this link: http://lac.xavier.edu/clockwork/custom/misc/home.aspx
- Select the Self-Registration Link.
- Select Accommodations from the ribbon at the top of the page.
- Log into ClockWork using your Xavier credentials (User ID only, not full email address)
- After logging in you will be shown a list of your current courses from which to request accommodations along with the status (Waiting to request; Sent; or Confirmed). Make sure the correct term is showing by using the drop down menu for term.
- Use the Request button to request your accommodations for each course you wish to use accommodations.
- You will then be taken to the Request Accommodations page where you will be able to select your accommodations that you wish to receive for each course. You may check all, check none, or check individual accommodations as needed for each course.
- Select your accommodations by utilizing the check boxes next to each item listed.
Indicate if your accommodations require any changes by choosing one of the following options:
- My accommodation(s) are correct the way they are.
a. If you are satisfied with your current accommodations, your request will automatically be approved when you submit your request. For each course selected, an email will be automatically generated to your professor and you will have immediate access to your accommodation letter.
- I need additional accommodations.
- I need to change or remove an accommodation.
a. If you choose the option to request an additional accommodation, or if you choose the option to change or remove an accommodation, please explain your request in the Optional Note box.
Once submitted we will respond with next steps.
- Read “Terms” and check the box next to I Agree to the terms outlined above.
- Click the Submit button to officially submit your request.
For assistance come to The Office of Accessibility and Disability Resources located in CLC Suite 514.
Step 6: Required meeting with your professor.
You are required to schedule an appointment with your professors to review your accommodations. Your Accommodation Letters outline your accommodations but do not state your disability diagnosis.
**It is recommended that students complete the initial registration process well in advance of when the accommodations will be needed. Without adequate notice of the need for accommodation, Accessibility and Disability Resources cannot ensure the accommodation will be in place when needed.