Register for Accommodations
How to Register
Step 1: Submit verification of your disability
You can send the documentation by fax to 513.745.3387, via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Cassandra Jones, Office of Accessibility and Disability Resources, Xavier University, 3800 Victory Parkway, Cincinnati, OH 45207-1131
Step 2: Complete the Online Application Form
Once your documentation has been received and reviewed, you will receive an email asking you to submit the Online Application form and to schedule your appointment for your Accommodation Planning Meeting.
Step 3: Schedule your Accommodation Planning Meeting.
If you live locally or willing to come to campus, you can schedule an on-campus appointment. If you live outside of the Cincinnati area, you can schedule a phone appointment. Contact Accessibility and Disability Resources at 513.745.3280 or by email at email@example.com or in person in the Michael J. Conaton Learning Commons suite 514 to schedule your Intake Appointment.
Step 4: Meet with Cassandra Jones, Director of Accessibility and Disability Resources
Through a collaborative process, we will discuss your disability and its academic implications to determine reasonable and appropriate academic accommodations.
Step 5: Request your accommodations each semester
Please follow the steps below to request to have your accommodation letters emailed to your professors.
- Access AIM
- Use Single Sign On to access your account, if prompted.
- If you encounter an error or your classes/accommodations are not correct, please contact Accessibility and Disability Resources.
- Check boxes for the courses you wish to request accommodations for.
- Select the accommodations you wish to use for each course.
- Some accommodations are selected as a group (i.e. Alternative Testing). You will not have the option to select individual accommodations for this group. All your eligible accommodations in the group will show for your professors on the accommodation letter.
- Click on the "Submit Your Accommodation Requests" button to finish.
Step 6: Required meeting with your professor.
You are required to schedule an appointment with your professors to review your accommodations. Your Accommodation Letters outline your accommodations but do not state your disability diagnosis.
**It is recommended that students complete the initial registration process well in advance of when the accommodations will be needed. Without adequate notice of the need for accommodation, Accessibility and Disability Resources cannot ensure the accommodation will be in place when needed.