Upcoming Elections and Registration
Take It On encourages all members of the Xavier community to get involved with upcoming elections. In 2021, the election cycle included a local primary on May 4 and the general election on November 2. In the City of Cincinnati, this cycle includes a mayoral primary and general election for City Council and Mayor.
General Election: November 2, 2021
- The Fall 2021 Academic Calendar recommended by the Calendar Committee, BUGS, and BOGS will include a remote teaching day on Election Day, November 2, 2021 (in-person internships, fieldwork, and practicums may still meet). See here for ideas for the classroom.
- Register in Ohio or update your Ohio address through the Ohio Secretary of State's website. The deadline to register is October 4, 2021.
- If you have already registered and have not moved locations (residence hall, apartment, or house), you do not have to re-register.
- Find voter information for other states online at www.vote.gov.
- Absentee ballot voting begins on October 5, 2021.
- General Election Day is November 2, 2021. Polls open 6:30 a.m.-7:30 p.m.
- For more information, visit the Hamilton County Board of Elections.
- Decide whether to vote early by mail or in-person. Your mail-in and early vote counts.
- You can vote early at the Hamilton County Board of Elections, which is located just over a mile from Xavier’s campus at 4700 Smith Road.
- Find out what’s on your ballot.
- Find out what ID to bring and more about the voting process.
- Look up your polling location if you vote on Election Day.
- Learn about issues and candidates on the ballot at Vote411.org, developed by the League of Women Voters Education Fund.