Admission and Tours
- Schedule a School Tour: This is an opportunity for parents/guardians to see the children and teachers both doing what they do best. Prior to submitting your application, we suggest that prospective parents/guardians schedule a tour of the Lab School.
- Tours are typically held on the 1st and 3rd Wednesday of each month, 9:00 - 10:00 a.m. Please see the "Schedule a School Tour" registration form for specific dates.
- School tours are for parents only.
- Submit an application: There is a non-refundable application fee of $50 due at the time of the application. Children must be 3 years of age by September 30 of the enrolled academic year and toilet trained to be considered for Early Childhood admission. For Kindergarten admission children must be 5 by September 30, and 6 by September 30 for first grade admission. Applications will be accepted before the child turns 3 years of age.
Selection and Interviews: Selection and Interviews usually begin in February/March. Acceptance is based on consideration to the classroom community and children are accepted until all openings are filled. We regret that due to the limited number of openings after re-enrollment, not all applicants will be interviewed. The purpose of the interview is to welcome and observe the child and his/her personal style. An explanation of the school procedures and routines is given and answers are provided to general questions. We will explain the school's philosophy and approach through the Montessori Method and demonstrate materials used. We strive to give the parents and teachers an opportunity to discuss the needs of the child and the ability of the school to meet those needs.
- Response to Notification: Once selected, you will have 1-2 days to respond to the offer for acceptance.