David Houghton, PhD
David Houghton, PhD, MBA, is an Assistant Professor of Marketing at Xavier University. He has taught Principles of Marketing, Marketing Management, and Digital Marketing & Analytics. His research interests include storytelling, fantasy sports and sports betting, and public policy. Professor Houghton has a passion for teaching digital marketing and helping both students and working professionals develop the skills needed to build digital careers.
First Year at Xavier
- PhD Business Administration Marketing (Southern Illinois University Carbondale)
- MBA Marketing (University of Central Missouri)
- Bachelors of Music (University of Central Missouri)
- Houghton, D. M., Nowlin, E. L., & Walker, D. (2019). From fantasy to reality: The role of fantasy sports in sports betting and online gambling. Journal of Public Policy & Marketing, 38(3), 332-353.
- Houghton, D. M., Schertzer, C., & Beck, S. (2018). The MSCA program: Developing analytic unicorns. Marketing Education Review, 28(1), 41-51.