Dr. Gary Lewandowski
Professor, Computer Science
Director, Data Science Honors Program
(He, Him, His)
His research interests include computer science education, particularly novice programmers, integration of research into education, and assessment methods; human-centered design; parallel and distributed computing, including models and applications. These interests play out in publications and in projects, with room for student involvement in both -- he is currently very interested in applying user-centered design, algorithm, and data science skills to addressing university needs in scheduling and retention.
Interest in broadening pathways into STEM have led Dr. Lewandowski to be the Lead PI on institutional grants for Noyce Scholars (2012-2017) and Choose Ohio First Scholarships (2021-2025).
Computer Science Education, Parallel & Distributed Computing, Algorithms
First Year at Xavier
- Ph.D. Computer Sciences, University of Wisconsin-Madison
- B.S. Mathematics, University of Chicago
- Director, Data Science Honors Program, 2021-present
- Associate Dean, College of Arts & Sciences, 2017-2021
- Chair, Department of Mathematics and Computer Science, 2006-2012