Center for Catholic Education
Michael Graham, S.J., Xavier's President, has committed the University to engaging students intellectually, morally, and spiritually - with rigor and compassion - toward lives of solidarity, service, and success. This is Xavier's Catholic and Jesuit identity and heritage. The Center for Catholic Education is one way that Xavier specifically promotes its identity and heritage by assisting Catholic schools in the transmission of the faith and the development of Catholic education.
The Xavier University Center for Catholic Education aims to strengthen Catholic education through diocesan and school partnerships designed to transform Catholic schools. As such, XUCCE is a resource for Catholic educators providing opportunities that include professional development and networking. In short, XUCCE utilizes the resources of the University to offer a broad range of programs and services to advance Catholic education in our region. The Center's goals and its way of work hold promise for further accomplishments.
Check back here for new XUCCE Events
- To provide resources and support in the areas of teacher development, strategic planning, marketing and public relations, financial management, enrollment management, buildings and grounds management, and leadership.
- To promote academic achievement and faith formation and to support research and assessment of the effectiveness of Catholic Schools.
- To provide professional development for Catholic Schools by collaborating at the school and diocesan levels.
- To assist Catholic Schools in meeting and exceeding licensure requirements for teachers and administrators.
- Utilizing Xavier faculty, staff, and administration to reach out to schools to form collaborative partnerships
- Encouraging Xavier's friends and the more than 60,000 alumni to help support the Center's activities
- Collaborating with the Archdiocesan Schools Office and parishes to secure federal and state funds for Catholic schools
- Identifying and Prioritizing areas of need through an advisory board
Rooted in the Catholic tradition, The Xavier University Center for Catholic Education strengthens Catholic education through diocesean and school relationships designed to invigorate and transform Catholic schools.
Assisting Catholic schools in promoting faith formation, academic excellence, and individual growth rooted in the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
SHORT FORM OF VISION:
A vision of greatness for Catholic schools.
Xavier Center for Catholic Education
Phone (513) 745-3477
Dr. T. Michael Flick, Executive Director
Terry Chapman, Associate Director
Nancy Sampson, Administrative Assistant
Dr. Sharon Merrill