Spring Career Fair
Tuesday, February 23, 2021 • 2:00-5:00 p.m. (ET) • Handshake Virtual Fair
Connect with employers representing a variety of corporate, non-profit and government organizations, as well as graduate schools promoting their programs at the Spring Career Fair. Open to all Xavier students and alumni seeking full-time employment, internship experience, or exploring graduate programs.
To ensure the health and safety of all participating students, alumni, and organizations, the 2021 Spring Career Fair will be a virtual event. Participants will have the opportunity to communicate via text and video chat with organization representatives about positions and programs of interest. Options include 30-minute group meetings or 10-minute one-on-ones and students/alumni may schedule meetings in advance of the event and on the day of the fair. Event details and virtual career fair resources can be found below.
PREPARE FOR THE SPRING CAREER FAIR
- Complete your Handshake profile and set to public.
- Ensure your polished and updated resume is uploaded to your Handshake profile for employers participating in the event to view.
- Professional attire required.
- Sign up for sessions at the fair in advance to ensure you connect with your preferred employers.
- Schedule an appointment with a Career Coach or visit during special virtual drop-in hours if you need help preparing for the career fair.
CAREER FAIR PREP WEEK: FEBRUARY 15-22
Career Development offers a variety of opportunities to help you prepare for the Spring Career Fair!
- Virtual Career Fair Prep: Learn what to expect at the Virtual Spring Career Fair! Staff will talk about the Handshake virtual career fair platform, virtual interactions with employers, and how to make the best first impression. Two available sessions:
- Confident Communications during the Job Search - February 15, 3:00 PM - Zoom
How are you advocating for yourself in your communications during a job search? Learn about techniques you should use to identify your personal strengths through communications. This session will be presented by Gild Collective through a partnership with the Alumni Office. Current students and alumni welcome. Click here to register.
- LinkedIn Headshots - Wednesday, February 17, 2:00-5:00 PM - CLC 530
Sign up for a time here to get a free professional headshot perfect for your LinkedIn profile. Masks are required except for the moment your photo is taken, then immediately replaced. Photographer will maintain over 6-feet of distance from students and sanitizing will occur between photo sessions. Please bring your ALL Card and check-in at the CLC 5th floor kiosk ahead of your scheduled session.
- JCPenney Suit Up Shopping Experience - February 12-14: Shop the online event February 12-14 for career dress apparel - everything you need to look your best for the Spring Career Fair and upcoming interviews. Attendees will enjoy discounts on select career dress apparel and shoes when using the coupon code!
- Career Coach Virtual Drop-Ins: Have your resume reviewed, get advice for researching employers before the fair, or practice your elevator pitch with a Career Coach! Drop-ins are available via Zoom on the following days/times:
- Wednesday, February 17, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Thursday, February 18, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Friday, February 19, 1:00-4:00 PM
- Monday, February 22, 10:00 AM - 5:00 PM
- Tuesday, February 23, 9:00 AM - 5:00 PM
RESEARCH REGISTERED EMPLOYERS
Members of the Career Development team will be hosting a Candidate Support Zoom Room during the fair, making it easy to connect with us for quick Q&A, to practice your elevator pitch, troubleshooting, and tips for organization follow-up.
VIRTUAL CAREER FAIR RESOURCES
- Handshake's Guide to Attending a Virtual Fair for Students
- Video: Locating and Registering for Virtual Fairs
- Signing up for Sessions at a Virtual Fair
- Participating in a Virtual Fair
- Video Requirements and Troubleshooting for Students
- Virtual Career Fairs are Here! Next Stop: Getting Hired
- Attending a Virtual Career Fair? Here are 10 Tips You Need to Know
- Preparing your Virtual Fair Elevator Pitch
- How to Prepare for Virtual 1:1 Sessions
- How to Make a Good Impression in a Virtual Interview
TELL US WHAT ORGANIZATIONS YOU WANT TO SEE AT THE FAIR
Complete this 2-minute survey to tell us what employers you most hope to see at the Fall Career Fair. We will reach out to them to encourage them to register!