Spring Career Fair
February 18, 2020 • 2:00-5:00 PM • Cintas Center
Meet with employers representing a variety of corporate, non-profit and government organizations, as well as graduate schools promoting their programs. Open to all Xavier students and alumni seeking internships, full-time positions, or graduate programs. All majors should attend!
PREPARE FOR THE SPRING CAREER FAIR
- Complete your Handshake profile.
- Alumni: Create a Handshake account for a quick check-in at the fair.
- Check-in begins at 1:00 PM (Cintas Center south entrance.)
- Professional attire required.
- Bring ALL Card, plenty of resumes, a padfolio (schedule an appointment with a Career Coach before the event to get a free Xavier padfolio,) and business cards (if you have them.)
CAREER FAIR PREP WEEK: February 9-17, 2020
Career Development offers a variety of opportunities to help you prepare for the Spring Career Fair! Check out the Career Fair Prep Sheet for the full schedule.
- Muskies at Macy's Shopping Experience: Shop career dress apparel - everything you need to look your best for the Spring Career Fair and upcoming interviews. Attendees will enjoy discounts on select men's and women's career dress apparel and shoes when using the event coupon!
- Career Coaching Extended Drop-Ins: Connect with a career coach for a resume review, get advice for researching employers before the fair, or practice your elevator pitch!
February 10-14, 11:00 AM - 4:00 PM
Monday, February 17, 9:00 AM - 4:00 PM
- Pointers from a Pro: Employers and Career Ambassadors will set up in the following campus locations to provide quick career fair prep advice - resume reviews, questions about their organization, advice to help you stand out at the fair, and more.
Pointers from a Pro with TBA EMPLOYER
February 11, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Gallagher Student Center
Pointers from a Pro with TBA EMPLOYER
February 12, 11:00 AM - 1:00 PM, Smith Hall Atrium
- Exploring Employer Voices of Allyship & Inclusion - February 13, 5-6:30 PM, Clocktower Lounge
A roundtable discussion on respect, acceptance, and support with representatives from Artworks, ATG Consultants, Cincinnati Children's Hospital, Kellogg's & The Kroger Co. Business casual attire recommended. Please RSVP via Handshake.
- Career Fair Backstage Pass: First time career fair attendee? Get a behind-the-scenes look at the Spring Career Fair! Learn how to navigate and make the most of the event while exploring careers, industries, and companies. Participants will have the opportunity to tour the fair and connect with employers before the event starts!
Six organizations chose to build a greater presence at Xavier University by being Career Partners. These organizations will be actively engaged in a variety of events this spring, including Career Fair Prep Week, Career Fair Backstage Pass, the Professional Networking & Etiquette Dinner, and the Spring Career Fair. Learn more about spring Career Partners here.
RESEARCH REGISTERED EMPLOYERS
CAREER FAIR PREP VIDEO
Watch this short video providing tips for career fair preparation, standing out at the event, maximizing your career fair experience, and how to effecitvely follow-up post-event.
- Download the Career Fair Prep Cheat Sheet here (referenced in above video.)
TELL US WHAT ORGANIZATIONS YOU WANT TO SEE AT THE FAIR
Complete this 2-minute survey to tell us what employers you most hope to see at the Spring Career Fair. We will reach out to them to encourage them to register!
Career Development depends on a number of campus volunteers to ensure a successful career fair. Please sign up below!
Student Volunteer Sign-Up
Volunteering to help with the career fair is an excellent way for students to get a feel for the event, make some helpful employer connections, and ensure a positive career fair experience for all!
Faculty/Staff Volunteer Sign-Up
See your students dressed their professional best and offer some encouragement as they prepare to network at the career fair!