Welcome Alumni Chapter Presidents
As an alumni chapter president, you are the lifeblood of the National Alumni Association. We count on you, to fulfill the mission of our organization and the University. We appreciate your willingness to volunteer and help promote the importance of giving back to Xavier.
Our alumni chapters are a fun way to bring together people who have a common interest in Xavier and in our mission to create a Community for Life that continues long after graduation. Your work as chapter president helps to create lifelong relationships and provide a connection back to Xavier, where it all started. You are part of the mission to support alumni, students, family and friends as they cultivate lives of reflection, compassion and informed action.
We hope you find the experience to be fun and fulfilling, and we look forward to working with you.
National Alumni Association Objectives
The National Alumni Association strives to:
- Build a sense of pride that inspires alumni to maintain a relationship with Xavier.
- Provide meaningful programs and events that are attractive to alumni.
- Build relationships with Xavier alumni and students and inspire continued engagement.
- Recruit the next generation of Xavier Alumni Chapter leadership.
- Assist the Admissions Office in recruiting efforts.
- Encourage alumni to support the University financially.
- Personally commit to supporting the University financially on a yearly basis.
What is an Alumni Chapter?
Alumni chapters include Xavier graduates, family members and friends of the University who live within a designated geographic area.
Alumni Chapter President Responsibilities
- Foster alumni involvement through the planning of events, programs, and activities. Submit a Chapter Event.
- Engage and develop alumni volunteers and leadership.
- Serve as a point of contact for alumni who relocate to or live in your community.
- Assist with University events that take place in your area.
- Promote and support the University through:
- Participation in the Annual Fund.
- Assisting the Admissions Office as needed.
Chapter Leadership Team
Each chapter consists of a chapter president, but some chapters establish a leadership team so all the responsibilities don't fall on one person. A leadership team is a valuable resource when planning alumni engagement events and can also provide a succession plan as chapter president terms expire.