Scholarships and Grants
Note that anyone who auditions to be a major is automatically considered; there is no additional application to submit.
- Be admitted to Xavier University and complete an audition.
- Intend to major in music or music education.
- Display musicianship and proficiency in your primary voice or instrument.
The music scholarship and grants are renewable each year for four years provided the recipient:
- Remain enrolled as a music major full-time and actively pursue the degree
- Participate in a large ensemble
- Earn a B or better in private lessons and ensembles
- Maintain at least a 3.0 cumulative grade point average in music courses
- Maintain at least a 2.0 cumulative GPA overall
- Louise Dieterle Nippert Music Education Scholarship: Music Education only
- Mother McAuley Music Scholarship: Any Major
- Music Grant: Any Major