Music Performance Minor
Requirements (18 hours):
Music Theory & Skills (8 hours):
- MUSC 200 - Music Theory I (3)
- MUSC 201 - Aural Skills I (1)
- MUSC 202 - Music Theory II (3)
- MUSC 203 - Aural Skills II (1)
Applied Music/Private Lessons (4 hours):
Ensemble (6 hours) from:
- MUSC 260 - Concert Choir
- MUSC 261 - Women's Chorus
- MUSC 265 - Symphonic Wind Ensemble
- MUSC 266 - Chamber Music
- MUSC 270 - Chamber Orchestra
- MUSC 271 - Jazz Orchestra
- Enroll in MUSC 199 - Recital Attendance for 3 semesters (7 recitals or other approved events per semester for a minimum total of 21).
- Pass applied music exam at the end of each semester of private lessons.
- Perform in a minimum of 4 department recitals.
- Optional: Present a recital (MUSC 450 - Senior Recital) during the final semester of lessons.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative average in these courses.