Music Production Concentration
Students are admitted to the degree program based upon their musicality and musical literacy rather than on performance accomplishments. Musical background and proficiency in an applied instrument/voice will determine placement within the department.
Major Requirements (36 hours):Music Theory, History, and Musicianship (16 hours):
- MUSC 200 - Music Theory I (3)
- MUSC 201 - Aural Skills I (1)
- MUSC 202 - Music Theory II (3)
- MUSC 203 - Aural Skills II (1)
- MUSC 208 - Keyboard Skills I (1)
- MUSC 209 - Keyboard Skills II (1)
- MUSC 210 - Music History I (3) or
- MUSC 211 - Music History II (3)
- MUSC 311 - Rock, Pop and R&B (3)
- MUSC 127 - GarageBand, Logic & More (3)
- DIFT 340 - Audio Production (3)
- MUSC 342 - Studio Production (3)
- MUSC 405 - Internship
- MUSC 278-299
- MUSC 260 - Concert Choir
- MUSC 265 - Symphonic Wind Ensemble
- MUSC 270 - Chamber Orchestra
- Enroll in MUSC 198 - Studio Class for 6 semesters
- Enroll in MUSC 199 - Recital Attendance for 6 semesters (7 recitals or other approved events per semester for a minimum total of 42).
- Pass applied music exam at the end of each semester of private lessons.
- Perform in a department recital each semester of private lessons.
- Maintain a 2.0 cumulative average in music courses.