Employees may enroll for University benefits when they are hired or when they have a qualifying life event. Other changes in benefit elections must be made during open enrollment.
If you have questions about your current benefits and claims, please contact Horan, Xavier's employee benefits administrator at 844-694-6726.
2023 Benefits Information
Benefits Portal Links
Qualified Life Events
A Life Event is a "qualified" change in personal circumstances that may allow employees to add, drop, or modify benefit elections mid-year, outside of the typical Open Enrollment period. Find out if you have a "qualified" life event change outside of the enrollment period.
- Benefits Booklet - HDHP 2023
- Benefits Booklet - PPO 2023
- Benefits Booklet - HMO 2023
- Summary of Coverage - HDHP 2023
- Summary of Coverage - PPO 2023
- Summary of Coverage - Blue Connection HMO 2023
- Summary Plan Description
- Essential RX List
- Sydney (Employees' Engagement Tool)
- Live Health Online
- Mail Order Prescription
- Carelon Prescription Reimbursement Claim Form
- International Travel Coverage
- Health Services available at the Health United Building
- Superior Dental Care (SDC) - Covered Services and Benefit Summaries
- SDC App Resources
- SDC Member Support Center
- Find a Dentist
- Health Flexible Spending Account Information
- Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account Information
- Dependent Care FSA Information
- FSA SPD
- FSA Amended SPD
- FSA Reference Guide
- Account Access - Online
- Account Access - Chard Snyder Mobile App
- How to File a Claim (Online or in the App)
- Claim Reimbursement Request Form
- FSA Eligible Expenses
- FSA Expenses Worksheet
- FSA - Orthodontia Expenses
Long Term Disability
- Life, AD&D, and Critical Illness
- New York Life Group Benefits - Employee Assistance and Wellness Support
- New York Life Group Benefits - Financial, Legal and Estate Support
- Benefits Enrollment Instructions and Log-in
- Instructions for making Qualifying Life Event, Health Savings Account, and Beneficiary Changes
Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program Summary of Services
- Employee Assistance Program Caring Communities
- Employee Assistance Program Personal Assistance
- Coming Soon! - TriHealth EAP
- Social Security - Employees participate and are covered under the Social Security system.
- Unemployment Compensation - Employees are covered by the provisions of the Unemployment Compensation Laws of Ohio. The University pays the entire cost of this coverage.
1095-C Tax Form
Form 1095-C is a tax form reporting information about an employee's health coverage offered by Xavier University. The taxpayer does not fill out the form and does not need to file it with their tax return. It should be kept with the taxpayer's records. For additional questions regarding this form and filing a tax return, consult a Tax Advisor.
The 1095-C form for tax year 2022 has been mailed to the address listed in Benefit Focus of all benefit eligible employees. Questions about health coverage at Xavier University can be sent to email@example.com.