As an expression of its Jesuit Catholic mission, Xavier University maintains a total compensation philosophy that includes benefits above-and-beyond wages and salaries.
Employees must enroll for University benefits when they are hired or when they have a qualifying life event. Other changes in benefit elections must be made during open enrollment.
A Life Event is a "qualified" change in personal circumstances that may allow employees to add, drop, or modify benefit elections mid-year, outside of the typical Open Enrollment period. Find out if you have a "qualified" life event change outside of the enrollment period.
Reference information below if you're considering milestones such as:
If you have questions about your current benefits and claims, please contact Horan, Xavier's employee benefits administrator at 513-745-0707.
HR COVID-19 Updates and Resources
2022 Plan Year Benefits Information
- Anthem Booklet
- Summary of Benefits - HDHP 2022
- Summary of Benefits - PPO 2022
- Summary of Benefits - Blue Connection HMO 2022
- Essential RX List
- Sydney (Employees' Engagement Tool)
- Sydney Dashboard
- Live Health Online
- Mail Order Prescription
- Anthem MyStrength - Emotional Well-being and Peace of Mind
- Anthem Videos and Other Resources
- Superior Dental Care (SDC) - Covered Services and Benefit Summaries
- SDC App Resources
- SDC Member Support Center
- Find a Dentist
- Flexible Spending Account Information
- Dependent Care FSA Information
- FSA - Orthodontia
- FSA Benefit Card
- Limited FSA and Dependent Daycare FSA Information
- FSA SPD
- FSA Amended SPD
- Filing a Claim Online or in the App
- Direct Deposit Instructions
Long Term Disability
- Benefits Enrollment Instructions and Log-in
- Instructions for making Qualifying Life Event and Health Savings Account Changes
Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Assistance Program Summary of Services
- Employee Assistance Program Wellness Seminar Calendar
- Employee Assistance Program Caring Communities
- Employee Assistance Program Personal Assistance
- Social Security - Employees participate and are covered under the Social Security system.
- Unemployment Compensation - Employees are covered by the provisions of the Unemployment Compensation Laws of Ohio. The University pays the entire cost of this coverage.
- Worker’s Compensation - Ohio Work’s Compensation Act provides compensation to an employee for injury, occupation illness, or death that occurs during the course or arising out of employment with the University. How to report an injury for Worker's Compensation.
1095-C Tax Form
Form 1095-C is a tax form reporting information about an employee's health coverage offered by Xavier University. The taxpayer does not fill out the form and does not need to file it with their tax return. It should be kept with the taxpayer's records. For additional questions regarding this form and filing a tax return, consult a Tax Advisor.
The 1095-C form for tax year 2021 has been mailed to the address listed in Benefit Focus of all benefit eligible employees. Questions about health coverage at Xavier University can be sent to email@example.com.
Tuition Remission/Tuition Exchange
- Xavier Wellbeing TriHealth Portal and Log-in Instructions
- Click here for more information on the Calendar Year 2023 Medical Wellbeing Rate Qualifications
- Xavier Wellbeing Rate Flyer for the Calendar Year 2023
- Xavier Wellbeing Rate Early Bird Incentive Flyer for Calendar Year 2023