Become a Mentor
Being a Mentor is an opportunity for you to share your experience, knowledge and skills with a Xavier student who is preparing to enter the professional world. You will act as a coach and guide with the intent to develop your student's personal and professional growth.
The Program is structured and designed with the schedule of a busy professional in mind. Your available time and the student's level of need drives the nature of the Mentor-Mentee relationship. Time commitment is about an hour/month and most communication is by email or phone/text. Mentors and Mentees meet in person as their schedules allow. Our mentor agreement outlines program expectations.
To ensure a positive and beneficial experience, we ask that Mentors possess:
- an amicable and nurturing personality
- strong interpersonal skills and self-reflection
- 3-5 years of professional experience post bachelor's degree
- a network to draw on as a resource to assist their Mentee.
Mentor candidates do NOT need to be graduates of Xavier University to participate.
Mentoring is a two-way street...I learn just as much from my mentees as they learn from me. It is such a rewarding experience to see your mentee grow as they progress throughout their time at Xavier and beyond!
- Melissa Frantz, National Account Manager, Kao USA
As someone who did not grow up in Cincinnati, mentoring at Xavier has been a rewarding way to connect with the community in a way that makes a difference.
- Joe Varchetto, Finance and Accounting Manager, Procter and Gamble