The Statistics minor requires 20 credit hours of courses:
- (4) MATH 170 Calculus I
- (4) MATH 171 Calculus II
- (3) MATH 256 Introduction to Probability and Statistics
- (3) MATH 311 Probability Theory
- (3) MATH 312 Statistical Inference
- (3) At least one additional elective selected from these:
- MATH 257 Data Modeling
- MACS 201 Actuarial Mathematics
- ECON 350 Business Cycles and Forecasting
- ECON 410 Empirical Analysis in Economics
- INFO 329 Data Mining
- An additional course approved by the department and selected under the guidance of a faculty advisor.
Students must maintain a 2.000 cumulative grade point average in these courses.
The Statistics Minor is available to all undergraduates except those majoring in Actuarial Science. For students majoring in Mathematics, at most two of the Statistics Minor mathematics courses numbered 220 or higher may count towards the requirements of the B.S. in Mathematics degree. Students may receive no more than one of these three minors: Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Mathematics.