The Jewish Studies minor is an interdisciplinary program with courses drawn from the departments of Theology, Philosophy, History, Classics and English. What makes this minor unique to Xavier is that many of the courses are taught by faculty of Hebrew Union College. The goal of the minor is to develop an understanding of how a non-geographically-defined culture has preserved its ethnic and religious identity. Students learn the historical, literary, and ideological developments that resulted in the formation of Judaism.
- Dr. Shannon Byrne (Classics)
- Dr. Norman Finkelstein (English)
- Dr. Alexandra Korros (History)
- Dr. Sarah Melcher (Theology)
- Dr. Timothy Quinn (Philosophy)