Xavier's Women of Excellence formed a giving circle to allow women to collectively support Xavier and encourage the development of women as philanthropic leaders.Giving circle members are alums, parents and friends who recognize that women as donors have the capability of making a tremendous impact on the University, its students, faculty and staff.
Funds from the giving circle are distributed through a grant application process to projects and programs proposed by faculty, staff and student groups of Xavier. The annual distribution of funds to selected campus programs is determined through a voting process by Giving Circle members.
Apply for a Grant
Faculty, staff and student groups at Xavier are encouraged to apply for grants through the Giving Circle to help fund special projects that will assist them in furthering the mission of Xavier, "to engage and form students intellectually, morally and spiritually, with rigor and compassion, toward lives of solidarity, service and success."
If you are interested in bringing your project to life, download the application guidelines for the WOX Grant Awards and the WOX Grant application form:
Join the Giving Circle
Your gift grows exponentially when contributions from women are united in support of the University and directed through a collective voice. Each giving circle member is entitled to vote to select the projects and/or programs to which the grants are awarded. Votes are weighted according to membership levels.
Giving Circle Membership Levels
All Giving Circle contributions go directly to fund the special projects and initiatives voted on by the membership.
- Full members are entitled to one vote and membership requires a minimum commitment of $1000 for one fiscal year which runs from April through March.
- Partial members are entitled to a weighted vote equivalent to the level of their gift. Partial membership requires a minimum commitment of $100 - $999. (A $500 gift is equivalent to a 50% vote.)
- Voting membership begins at $100, but all gifts are welcome.
- (513) 745-2865
Leigh Ann Fibbe
- (513) 745-3969
Development Council Members
- Julie J. Murphy, XU '85, Chair
- Dianne Fisk, XU '78
- Jane Giaquinto, XU '87
- Ann Finefrock Hoffman, XU '75
- Mary Koch
- Margaret Gavin Lafley
- Michelle Mancini, XU '04
- Jennifer Trowbridge '98