Title IX Coordinator Role and Responsibilities
- Serving as a central resource for questions or concerns related to sex discrimination at Xavier
- Facilitating a prompt, equitable process to resolve complaints of sex discrimination, including conducting a reliable, adequate, and impartial investigations of reports of sex discrimination
- Connecting individuals impacted by sex discrimination to support resources
- Providing education and training on Title IX and sex discrimination to campus community
- Implementing and monitoring interim measures (e.g., No Contact Notice, adjustment to housing, academic arrangements) pending the resolution of a complaint
In accord with Title IX, once the Title IX Coordinator has knowledge or a report of sex discrimination, the Coordinator must investigate that complaint. If the conduct is determined to be sex discrimination, the Coordinator must take all reasonable steps to stop the unwanted conduct, prevent its recurrence and remedy any effects it has had on the recipient of the conduct and the community.