We invite applications from students with a bachelor's degree and a solid academic background. You may begin the program in the summer, fall, or spring term.
To apply for official acceptance as a degree-seeking student, submit the following application materials to the Office of Graduate Services:
- Completed application (choose Counseling, then School Counseling)
- One official transcript of all undergraduate and graduate work from accredited colleges or universities.
- A resume.
- A five hundred word minimum statement of purpose for graduate study.
- Two letters of reference from individuals commenting on the applicant's academic/professional potential.
- Official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The MAT is offered here at Xavier. For information about registering for the MAT, please call 513 745-3531. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1 888-GRE-SCORE.
- MAT/GRE requirement waived for applicants whose cumulative undergraduate G.P.A. is 3.5 or higher.
Applicants should have an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or above, a MAT score of 390 or above, or a score of 4.0 or above on the analytical section of the GRE.
- Application deadlines are:
- Spring Semester: October 1
- Summer Semester: February 1
- Fall Semester: February 1
- Faculty will review the pool of applications after each of these priority dates and will then invite selected candidates to an on-campus interview to continue the application process.