COVID Vaccine Student Status Reporting
Xavier University is returning to mostly normal operations for the fall semester, including in-person classes, dining services, and campus activities. The University previously announced changes to the fall 2021 academic calendar, with most classes starting on Monday, Aug. 16. View the updated indoor campus masking protocols.
Xavier strongly encourages students and employees to receive a COVID vaccine. Full FDA approval of the vaccine or additional guidance from public health officials or our partners at TriHealth may cause the University to decide to require the vaccine, so community members are encouraged to get vaccinated now. COVID vaccines have dramatically improved the public health environment for Xavier and our local community, allowing state public health restrictions to expire. Vaccine appointments are free and readily available, including at Student Health Services in the HUB. COVID vaccines have demonstrated strong efficacy and durability, including against COVID variants. Vaccines have greatly lowered transmission rates, reduced COVID cases, and virtually eliminated serious illness and death among fully vaccinated persons.
NEW: As part of the return to mostly normal operations for the fall semester, Xavier is requiring all students to disclose their COVID-19 vaccination status through the Med+Proctor system by Monday, Aug. 16, 2021. Vaccinated students will upload their CDC COVID-19 vaccination card. Unvaccinated students will upload a completed COVID-19 disclosure form through Med+Proctor indicating that they have chosen not to be vaccinated at this time and that they understand the implications of remaining unvaccinated. Students who are not able to get vaccinated should ask for support services.
Following CDC guidance, Xavier expects that fully vaccinated students will be able to freely enjoy the benefits of the traditional Xavier experience.
Fully vaccinated students:
- Will be able to engage in all academic, co-curricular, and social opportunities without distancing.
- Will not be required to engage in quarantine if exposed to a COVID-positive individual, if asymptomatic.
- May be required to receive the COVID-19 vaccine if University policy changes once full FDA approval is given for the vaccines.
- May be required to participate in community health protective practices such as mandatory surveillance testing.
- Will be required to isolate for 10 days upon receiving a positive COVID-19 test.
- Will be required to quarantine for up to 10 days if exposed to a COVID-positive individual.
- May have limited access to remote instruction during isolation or quarantine due to the fully in-person academic experience.
- May not be eligible for certain University programs including but not limited to clinical and other field placements.
- Nursing students should read a message from Dr. Judith Lewis, Interim Dean of the College of Nursing, regarding Castlebranch requirements for clinical / lab courses.
- Mandatory reporting of COVID-19 vaccination status does not apply to students enrolled in fully-online graduate programs.
Student raffles will continue to be held this summer. All students who upload their vaccination record to Med+Proctor are automatically entered into a special drawing for prizes, so act now to get the vaccine and upload your vaccination record.
The pandemic is not fully behind us. Information about student vaccination rates is important in assessing the needs of the Xavier community. Xavier will continue to monitor COVID in our community and review health guidance with our TriHealth partners. Xavier has successfully managed the challenges that have come with the pandemic, and we will continue to meet any challenges before us as we always do – together.
- Med+Proctor system to report vaccination status.
- Find a COVID-19 vaccine near you.
- Castlebranch requirements for nursing students.
- Fall 2021 academic calendar.
- COVID-19 Resource Center.
COVID-19 vaccines are available through Student Health Services at the HUB. Call 513-745-3022 option 3 to schedule an appointment.