Campus Event Guidelines
These guidelines include both on- and off-campus activities and events that are associated with student organizations and campus offices and departments.
Campus events and activities are an important part of the student learning experience and help foster student belonging. Creating this sense of belonging during a pandemic presents the Xavier community with both the challenge and the opportunity to reimagine what we do and how we do it.
- Xavier will require adherence to local health department and CDC guidelines for campus activities and events, unless a specific exception has been made by the COVID-19 Task Force.
- Current guidlines allow for in-person gatherings of any size and location.
- To be inclusive of all, where possible, meetings, activities, and events should be broadcast via virtual formats in order to support remote participation.
- All student activities and events should be registered via the event submission process in EngageXU.
- Event organizers should use signage to promote safety protocols. This may include:
- Health questions for symptoms posted at the entrance
- Request that attendees not enter/attend if symptomatic
- Reminder to those who are unvaccinated to wear a mask and maintain distance when possible
- Suggestions to wash hands and clean areas as best as possible