Spring 2021 Academic Calendar
As we continue to follow CDC and State guidelines, Xavier is resuming the academic year on campus for the spring 2021 semester with a combination of in-person, hybrid, and 100% remote or online classes.
In response to the best available information, we have shifted the start of the semester later by one week while maintaining the same last day of classes for the semester and the same finals week as originally scheduled, with the exception of certain specialized programs.
Please note that fully-online graduate programs may be following the originally scheduled dates and the dates of some accelerated programs may vary from the standard term dates below. Students should check with their program for more information. Dates are subject to change as circumstances change.
- Official dates of the semester: Tuesday, Jan. 19 through Friday, May 7.
- Most classes start on Tuesday, Jan. 19, the day after the Martin Luther King, Jr. Day holiday.
- Fully-online graduate programs may follow the originally scheduled dates and the dates of some accelerated programs may vary from the standard term dates.
- Weekend classes may start on Saturday, Jan. 16 or Sunday, Jan. 17.
- Break days on Tuesday, Feb. 9, Wednesday, March 10 and Thursday, April 15.
- Clinicals, practicums, student teaching, and internships may be held on these days.
- No Spring Break.
- Easter holiday:
- University closes at 3:00 p.m. on Thursday, April 1. No classes starting at 2:30 p.m. or later; all classes must end by 3:00 p.m., with the exception of clinicals.
- University closed on Friday, April 2 to Sunday, April 4. No classes.
- Classes resume at 8:00 a.m. on Monday, April 5.
- Last day of classes: Friday, April 30.
- Finals: May 3-7.
Students will return to campus housing the weekend before classes begin, after signing up for a specific return date and time with the Office of Residence Life.