Ohio COVID-19 Travel Advisory Guidance
The state of Ohio has recommended that those coming into Ohio from states reporting positive testing rates of 15% or higher for COVID-19 self-quarantine for 14 days. As of Oct. 14, 8 states meet this criteria: Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Nevada, South Dakota, Wisconsin, and Wyoming. Xavier has consulted with TriHealth and with the Cincinnati and Norwood Health Departments to develop the following guidance to assist students and their families with following this recommendation. Xavier is dedicated to providing a healthy, safe, and secure environment for our community.
Students traveling from the identified states may take the following steps:
- Students unable to self-quarantine for 14 days immediately prior to arrival on campus should begin their self-quarantine for 14 days as soon as possible and should contact their advisors, success coach (undergraduates), or instructors to discuss options for remote course work during the self-quarantine period.
Safe Health Practices
Regardless of home state, all students are encouraged to engage in safe health practices for 14 days prior to arrival on campus–in keeping with guidelines from the state of Ohio and Xavier’s campus safety protocols:
- Practice 6 feet of distance.
- Wear masks when indoors, and when outdoors and unable to maintain 6 feet of distance.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid house parties or get-togethers at restaurants or bars.
- Exercise caution when considering gatherings such as neighborhood picnics, family celebrations, or other community events.
Xavier is working hard to make campus as safe as possible for returning students and employees. Our collective efforts to care for our University community will be key to success.