Xavier University's official transfer credit policies can be found using these links to our undergraduate and graduate catalogs:
New Transfer Students
New students who have been attending another college and are interested in transferring to Xavier University should contact the Office of Admissions. More information about transfer credit for incoming transfer students is available at their transfer credit page.
Continuing Students Taking Courses Elsewhere
Current Xavier student wanting to take course work at another institution must complete and submit the Off-Campus Approval Form prior to enrolling.
- Must be approved by their academic advisor and their Dean's Office.
- Should be in good academic standing
- Is responsible for requesting an official transcript be sent to Xavier University from the other institution after completing the course they received approval to transfer back to Xavier.
Online Equivalency Listings
Use TES (Transfer Evaluation System) to search for how courses you have taken or are interested in taking at another institution will be evaluated and counted here at Xavier University.
PLEASE NOTE: Certain institutions and courses may not appear in our database. This does not mean that the courses will not transfer; only that they have not previously been presented for evaluation. Xavier courses shown with the prefix ‘UNDE’ are used for courses that do not have an equivalent course at Xavier, but the credit is transferable as general elective credit. Transfer work evaluations are completed for admitted transfers and deposited freshman. Official transcripts are required in order for the transfer credit evaluation to be completed.
- Credit will be accepted for all college-level academic courses (except co-op and life experience) in which a grade of 'C' or better has been earned at institutions of higher education that are accredited by one of the regional accrediting associations. Some majors require higher grades for the course work to count toward degree-requirements.
- Credits from accepted courses from other institutions are transferred, but the grades do not transfer.
- Current Xavier students must submit a completed Off-Campus Approval Form before taking course(s) at another institution.