Return to the Rec
Monday-Thursday: 6am-1pm, 2pm-9pm
Friday: 6am- 1pm, 2pm-7pm
*Note: Our facility will be closed from 1-2pm Monday through Friday in order to provide additional cleaning. All hours are subject to change based on usage and staffing availability.
Recreation Center Facility Updates for COVID – 19
- Members will verify their membership by swiping themselves in at the turnstiles. Please be sure to have your ALL Card with you at every visit and swipe yourself in at the turnstiles.
- Xavier University will be limiting access to all drinking fountains. Water filling stations will be available, so please be sure to bring a water bottle with you on your next visit.
- Complimentary towels have been removed from the floor. If you would like a towel during your workout, please bring your own with you on your next visit.
- All equipment rentals will be prohibited until the next phase of our reopening procedure. If you normally rent equipment while at the Recreation Center, please be sure to bring that equipment with you on your next visit.
- Exercise mats will no longer be available for use. Please bring your own mat if desired.
- The basketball courts will be used as study spaces for students. Unfortunately, exercise and informal recreation is prohibited in this area. Study spaces will close 30 minutes before the Recreation Center closes.
- The multi-sport court will remain closed until the next phase of our reopening procedure.
- Some equipment has been moved to assist in physical distance. However, some pieces of equipment could not be moved, and may be designated unavailable on your next visit.
- To comply with capacity requirements, the Persist (small) and Transform (medium) group fitness studios will be closed, with the exception of group fitness classes. These group fitness studios, and the equipment within them, will be locked outside of group fitness classes.
- For the health and safety of our employees and members, all Recreational Sports employees will be required to wear masks.
- In accordance to state and university guidelines, showers in the locker rooms and single pod restrooms will be unavailable. Please plan accordingly for your next visit.
- Starting in August, Faculty/Staff, Alumni, and student members will all be able to validate their membership by swiping their own ALL Card at the turnstiles. Please be sure to have your ALL Card with you at every visit and swipe yourself in at the turnstiles.
- In compliance with governmental mandates and university decisions, all members must wear a mask into the Recreation Center. Masks must be worn for the duration of your workout. Please adjust your workout accordingly.
- Hand sanitation stations will be located throughout the facility. Please sanitize at your convenience.
- Please limit to one person in an elevator. Take stairs, if possible, to be considerate of individuals with disabilities.
- While our staff will be sanitizing throughout the day, we expect all users to help maintain proper levels of cleanliness by cleaning equipment before and after use.
- Social distancing of at least 6 feet should be maintained while in the facility.
- If you have tested positive or feel any symptoms of COVID-19, you are prohibited from entering the Recreation Center. According to the CDC, people with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- To help maintain flow, there will be one designated entrance and exit for both the Transform (medium) and Balance (large) fitness studios.
- The Persist (small) and Transform (medium) group fitness studios will remain locked when a group fitness class is not in session.
- To comply with regulations, only one swimmer is allowed per lane. Masks must be worn on the pool deck, but are not allowed while actively swimming.
- Physicals are required of all club sport athletes. For ease, please make an appointment with your Primary Care Physician to have your physical administered before returning to campus.
- Payment for physicals completed at our Club Sport Physical nights has gone cashless. Please pay for your physical at the Membership Services Desk and bring your receipt with you to physical night if you are getting your physical through our Department.
- Club Sport Athlete Physical Form
- At this time, we will be unable to accept any new Alumni members, and will no longer offer daily memberships.
- If you already hold a membership to our facility, your membership has been automatically extended 5 months on your behalf, for the time the facility was closed. If you have specific questions regarding your membership, please contact the Coordinator of Membership Services and Business Operations, Lauren Rausch, at email@example.com, or at (513) 745-3254.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have to wear a mask in the Recreation Center?
You will need to wear a mask for the entirety of your workout. For health and safety, all Recreational Sports employees wear masks. Masks must cover both your nose and mouth at all times.
Will showers still be available?
Unfortunately, showers will be unavailable. In accordance to state and university guidelines, showers in the locker rooms and single pod restrooms will be unavailable until further notice. Please plan accordingly for your next visit.
Will drinking fountains be closed?
At this time, all drinking fountains are shut off. Feel free to bring a water bottle though, as bottle filling stations will remain available on each level of the facility!
Can I still use the indoor track?
Yes! The indoor track is open and available!
Can I bring my sister/daughter/friend to come workout with me?
Unfortunately, until further notice, we will no longer be selling daily memberships.
Have the facility hours changed?
Our hours are the same as Fall 2020 semester, but you can find our hours below:
- Monday-Thursday: 6am-1pm and 2-9pm
- Friday: 6am-1pm and 2-7pm
- Saturday: 10am-4pm
- Sunday: 2pm-8pm
- Note: The facility is closed from 1-2pm Monday through Friday for additional cleaning
We are here to answer any questions or address any concerns you may have. To speak with the Membership Services Desk, call (513) 745-3208. To contact the Coordinator of Membership Services and Business Operations, please contact TBD. For immediate questions, please contact Leslie Dulle, Director of Recreational Sports, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (513)745-3209.