COVID-19 Update: All sessions previously purchased before COVID-19 will remain valid when we re-open on August 17th. New client requests for training will be queued for when we resume training services. Please review our COVID-19 Personal Training Agreement for updates on what our new policies will be for personal training this fall in an effort to stop the spread of COVID-19 and keep our clients healthy.
Looking to improve your fitness? Get one of our nationally-certified Personal Trainers to help you reach your individual fitness goals – basic fitness, strength, endurance, cardiovascular fitness, sport-specific training, and more. Hiring a personal trainer comes with a wide variety of benefits from education, accountability, motivation, and direction in reaching your goals.Let us help you reach your fitness potential!
- All clients must be a current O'Connor Sports Center/HUB member. All Xavier students have a membership included in their tuition. Memberships are available for purchase to faculty, staff, and Alumni.
- All clients will be required to complete informational documents prior to exercise. A physician's clearance may be deemed necessary.
- All clients will be required to undergo a Fitness Assessment prior to exercise.
- We reserve the right to deny services to those participants who may not be able to exercise safely within the parameters of our program based on the American College of Sports Medicine Guidelines.
To begin working with a personal trainer the first step will be to fill out the Personal Training Request Form. This will notify the fitness department of your interest in working with a trainer. Someone from the Recreational Sports department will reach out to you within 72 hours to confirm your submission and begin setting up a time for your initial fitness assessment. Note: Before beginning your fitness assessment, your must come in person to the front desk of the HUB to purchase your initial package.
Conduct of Personal Training Sessions
- All sessions will be conducted in the HUB recreation center.
- Training sessions will have a time limit of 60 minutes; the hour begins at the scheduled meeting time. If as a client you arrive late, you forfeit the time you have missed.
- Training sessions will be scheduled a mutually convenient and agreed upon time by the trainer and client. We advise exchanging phone numbers to facilitate this easily.
- A session "no show" counts as a session serviced and that session will be forfeited by the client.
- If the client arrives more than 15 minutes late for the scheduled appointment, forfeiture of the session will result and the personal trainer has the right to leave the premises.
- All cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled starting time of each individual session.
- Personal training will only be conducted by current Recreational Sports certified personal training staff.
- It is recommended that all program participants work with their personal trainer at least 2-3 times per week. However, due to scheduling conflicts and financial considerations, we understand that this may not be possible for everyone.
- All personal training sessions will be purchased at the front desk in recreation center within the HUB according to the current program fees. Cash, check or credit is accepted.
- All training sessions must be purchased in advance in order to participate, no exceptions. This may be the day of the session, but must be before the session begins.
- Individual Personal Training Fees
- Initial Session ($35) includes a fitness assessment and one (1) 1 hour sessions with a trainer (required for new clients)
- 1 hour single session ($25) may be purchased thereafter
- Optional bundle discount: purchase 4 sessions at a time for $80 ($20 savings)
- Personal training sessions are non-transferable and non-refundable.
- Sessions expire 6 months after the date of purchase.