Program Mission and Goals and Student Outcomes
The mission of the Radiologic Technology Program is to prepare the student to enter diagnostic imaging as an entry-level radiographer. Consistent with the Jesuit tradition of rigor and compassion based on the highest ethical standards, graduates of the Xavier University Radiologic Technology Program have the necessary skills to integrate theoretical knowledge and essential clinical skills to perform radiologic procedures and provide appropriate patient care.
Goals and Student Learning Outcomes
- Students will be clinically competent.
- Students will demonstrate positioning skills.
- Students will select technical factors.
- Students will apply appropriate radiation protection techniques.
- Students will grow and develop professionally.
- Students will exhibit professional behavior.
- Students will demonstrate knoledge of professional societies.
- Students will exhibit effective communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective written communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective oral communication skills.
- Students will demonstrate effective communication skills in clinical settings.
- Students will demonstrate critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Students will evaluate radiographic images.
- Students will analyze techniques.
- The program will provide the healthcare community with radiographers.
- Graduates will pass the national certification examination.
- Graduates will be employed as radiographers.
- Graduates will be satisfied with their education.
- Employers will be satisfied with our graduates.
Approved Summer 2019