Xavier Police utilizes the National WebCheck program to meet the legislative requirements of academic programs, service programs and licensures.
Where is the fingerprinting done?
- Xavier Campus Police Department, located in Flynn Hall, 1648 Herald Ave.
When can I be fingerprinted?
- Mondays 1:00 PM to 4:00 PM
- Tuesdays 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM and 2:00 PM to 5:00 PM
- Wednesdays 9:00 AM to 12:00 PM
- Fridays 1:00 PM to 5:00 PM
What does it cost?
- $60 will be billed to your Bursar account.We do not accept cash or credit card.
What should I bring with me?
- You will need to have a driver's license or state ID card and your Xavier All Card to be fingerprinted.
Where do I go to pick up a copy of the background check?
- Education majors: The check will be sent to the following locations:
- Department of Childhood Education and Literacy, Hailstones 307
- Department of Educational Leadership, Hailstones 307
- Department of Counseling and Community Counseling, Hailstones 207
- Department of Secondary and Special Education, Cohen Center 191
- Nursing majors: -- The check will be sent to the School of Nursing Office in 119 Cohen Center.
- Occupational Therapy majors: The check will be sent to the Department of Occupational Therapy Office in room 28 Cohen.
- All others should contact the department or agency the background check was sent to.
When can I expect the results of the check to be mailed?
- You should allow seven to ten working days for the results of the check to reach their destination. If you need to know if the background check was received, contact the department it was sent to.The Xavier Police Department cannot check on the status of the background check or if it has arrived.
Can I have a copy of the Check mailed to me?
- No, we can only mail one copy of the background check. If you need a copy of the check, talk with your department contact.
- If you need additional copies you must contact the Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation directly at (740) 845-2000. The Xavier Police cannot provide extra copies for you.
What if I need a copy sent to the State of Ohio for a professional license?
- Nursing and teaching licenses can be sent electronically to the State of Ohio offices.You must request a copy be sent directly to the appropriate office.
If you do not request this at the time of the fingerprinting, you must have the entire process completed again at your cost.
Does the Xavier Police Department keep a copy of the background check?
- We do not receive a copy of the background check nor can we retrieve a copy from the State of Ohio.
Can the Xavier Police Department provide inked fingerprint services?
- We no longer provide inked fingerprint services. Contact the Hamilton County Sheriff's Office for information on inked prints at (513) 946-6220.
- Make sure to double check the information on the WebCheck screen before you accept the waiver. If the information is wrong, then you must be re-fingerprinted and re-charged for the service.
- Make sure that your home address is on the fingerprint form. A local or campus address will not match the address on the state driver's license or identification card.
- If you need a copy sent to the State of Ohio for licensure, inform the operator prior to the actual fingerprinting. A copy cannot be sent after fingerprinting is complete.
- If you received a rejection letter from the FBI or BCI, for poor quality prints, contact Lt. Ken Grossman to be reprinted. You will need to bring a copy of the rejection letter with you. The fingerprinting will be completed at no additional cost to you.