MSN for Registered Nurses
Applicants to the Master of Science in Nursing program must meet the following criteria:
- Licensed registered nurse in the United State and licensed in the state where practicum experiences will take place.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree from a regionally accredited college or university and a nursing program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN – formerly known as NLNAC).
- Undergraduate statistics course, minimum grade of C.
- Unencumbered current RN license (Nursing will verify).
Family Nurse Practitioner Program Applicants:
- Applicants for the MSN Family Nurse Practitioner track and FNP post master’s certificate program must have completed one year of registered nurse experience within the last five years.
- Applicants for the Family Nurse Practitioner Post Master’s Certificate program must have a Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) from a regionally accredited college or university and a nursing program accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) or Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN – formerly known as NLNAC).
- Graduate nursing application
- Official transcripts from all colleges/universities attended
Personal statement (1-3 pages, double spaced) discussing career goals, future plans for employment and expectations of graduate study
- Current resume or curriculum vitae outlining nursing expericences
- Three professional recommendations (electronic form in online application will be emailed to recommenders)
- FNP applicants note: : One recommendation must be from a current supervisor. The remaining two must be from health care professionals prepared at the master’s or doctorate level.
Admission test results (required ONLY for dual degree applicants)
- MSN/M.Ed. or MSN/MSCJ: Graduate Record Exam (GRE) or Miller Analogies Test (MAT)*
*These programs may offer waivers on admission tests. Search www.xavier.edu for each
program’s admission requirements.
- International applicants must be registered nurses in the United States and must submit additional documents for admission as required by Xavier University.
MSN FNP and Post Masters FNP applicants: Admission is competitive and is available for the fall semester of each academic year.
NOTE: Prior to participation in FNP practicums, a criminal background check and health documentation are required
Further information: Betty Rosenacker (513) 745-3134 or email@example.com