Our Lady of Peace Chapel Adds Charm to Academic Mall

A newcomer this year to campus is an 80-year-old transfer— not a transfer student, but a transferred building.

Originally constructed in 1938 by Charles F. and Elizabeth R. Williams on their property in Anderson Township, Our Lady of Peace Chapel was relocated to campus as a gift to the University earlier this year

The 22-seat chapel is located off Dana Avenue on the west end of the Academic Mall, providing a place for prayer and reflection for students, groups and individuals on a first-come, first-served basis. 

With the donation of Our Lady of Peace Chapel, Tom Williams, CEO of North American Properties and a former member of the Xavier Board of Trustees, carries on his family's involvement with Xavier that includes donating Bellarmine Chapel in 1962 and the Williams College of Business in 1998. 

More information:

Local 12 News: 80-year-old Private Chapel Relocated to Xavier University

Chapel Rules and Guidelines

Preserving Our Lady of Peace's Windows