Xavier Welcomes Second-Largest Class in University History
Sep 21, 2020
Xavier University’s Class of 2024 is the second-largest class in University history, with 1,300 students from across the country coming together to learn, serve and achieve in the Jesuit Catholic tradition.
Nearly 55 percent of the class is from outside Ohio, with most of those students coming from Chicago, Louisville, Indianapolis, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, New York and Boston. As Musketeers, they all have two things in common: they’re ready to make an impact on the world, and they’re ready to call Xavier home.
The Class of 2024 officially began moving into their dorms Aug. 12-13.
Here are some fast facts about the newest members of the Xavier family:
- Xavier received 14,761 applications for Fall 2020, the highest amount of applications in University history
- As of Tuesday, Aug. 11, Xavier’s Class of 2024 stands at 1,300 students
- Their average high school GPA is 3.70
- Their average converted SAT/ACT test score for non-test-optional student is 1201
- 24% identify as minority students
- 17% identify as first-generation students
- 87.4% will live on campus
- 39.3% are the only student from their high school
- Their most popular majors are Nursing, Business – Undecided, Biomedical Science, Exploratory, Psychology, Exercise Science, Biology, Sport Management, Marketing, PPP (Philosophy, Politics and the Public Honors) and Computer Science
- Nearly 55 percent of the class is from outside Ohio, with most of those students coming from Chicago, Louisville, Indianapolis, Detroit, Milwaukee, Philadelphia, New York and Boston.
- They represent 17 different religions
Classes began on Aug. 17, with most courses taught in a hybrid mode, where some students are in-person and some remote. In addition, Xavier has added approximately 1,600 individual study spaces around campus.
The health and safety of the Xavier community is at the forefront of all University policies in response to COVID-19. To enable our full and safe reopening, we all need to do our part to keep each other healthy. This shared responsibility includes the wearing of masks while indoors in the company of others, maintaining social distancing and adhering to “test, treat, trace” protocols. Our commitment to each other’s health and safety is an extension of our approach to being in community together as Musketeers: All for One and One for All.
Xavier University is a private university located in Cincinnati, Ohio, providing a liberal arts education in the Jesuit Catholic tradition. Founded in 1831, the University is the sixth-oldest Catholic university in the nation. It has been ranked among the top 10 master’s-level universities in the Midwest by U.S. News & World Report for the past 24 years. The Princeton Review names it one of the “Best 377 Colleges in America.”