Xavier again named one of the best values in private colleges by Kiplinger's Personal Finance
University ranked No. 42 in private college category
06/04/08Kiplinger’s Personal Finance lists Xavier as one of the top 50 private universities in the country in its publication, “100 Best Values in Private Colleges,” which is divided into private universities and private liberal arts colleges.
Xavier was ranked number 42 in the private college category. The feature ranks private colleges and universities that "exemplify outstanding economic values and an exceptional education.”
Xavier and the other institutions were chosen, according to the high-profile money magazine, because they reflect the best private colleges and universities with strong academics, attractive prices and generous financial aid. The entire list is featured in the April 2008 edition of Kiplinger’s.
The Kiplinger's rankings measured academic quality and affordability, with quality accounting for two-thirds of the total. The magazine also considered admission rates, SAT scores, student/faculty ratios, graduation rates, total cost, cost after need based and non-need based aid, and average debt at graduation.
The Kiplinger's nod is just one of several received by the University during the academic year:
- Xavier ranks No. 2 among the top 10 Midwest colleges and universities, according to U.S. News & World Report.
- The Princeton Review features Xavier in the 2008 edition of “The Best 366 Colleges.”
- The Princeton Review and Entrepreneur magazine rank Xavier as one of the top 25 entrepreneurial schools in the country.
- Xavier’s Williams College of Business is featured as an outstanding business school by The Princeton Review.
- The part-time MBA program is ranked 16th in nation by U.S. News & World Report.
- Xavier tied for first in Modern Healthcare’s “Top Business Graduate Schools for Physicians.”