You do not have to be a music major to participate in one of our ensembles! In addition to annual tours, Xavier's ensembles frequently perform off-campus at prominent regional venues. Selected highlights include the following:
- Women's Chorus - 2017 National Festival Chorus at Carnegie Hall, New York
- Edgecliff Vocal Ensemble - 2016 American Musicology Society Conference; Vancouver, BC, Canada
- Symphonic Wind Ensemble & Chamber Orchestra European Tour - Munich, Salzburg, Vienna, Prague (Summer 2014)
- World Choir Games at Duke Energy Convention Center, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Aronoff Center for the Arts, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Music Hall, Cincinnati, Ohio
- St. Mary's Cathedral Basilica of the Assumption Concert Series, Covington, KY
- St. Xavier Church, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Christ Church Cathedral, Cincinnati, Ohio
- Union Terminal Museum Organ Series, Cincinnati, Ohio
These programs and performances combine to reach approximately 10,000 people a year and demonstrate the commitment the department has made to the greater tri-state area. Xavier Music enriches our regional cultural world and is a major contributor to the University's strong tradition of service to others.
Public performance options for music majors abound:
- More than 60 concerts annually during the fall and spring semesters provide music students with hands-on options to hone and practice their talents. New works by student and faculty composers are often performed.
- Pep Band participation puts students on-screen during nationally televised basketball games for Xavier's top-ranked Muskies.
- Opportunities for instrumentalists are available with the Symphonic Wind Ensemble, Jazz Orchestra, and Chamber Orchestra.
- Opportunities to sing are available with the Concert Choir, Women's Chorus, Men's Chorus, Opera Workshop, and Edgecliff Vocal Ensemble. All students perform as soloists in recitals each semester culminating in a senior recital in their final semester of study.
- The Xavier music experience also emphasizes regular student performance in small chamber ensembles, including string quartets, mixed instrumental/vocal chamber groups, and percussion ensemble.
Spring 2018 Choral Auditions
Don't miss your opportunity to become part of the Xavier University Choir.
Sign Up Now