"THE ALL FOR ONE BATTALION"
There are scholarships available for students on campus. These scholarships are very competitive. There is no formal application process prior to enrolling in ROTC. Below is what must happen for you to compete for an "on-campus" scholarship:
- Enroll in Army ROTC, MILS 101 Freshman Fall, 103 Freshman Spring, 201 Sophomore Fall, 203 Sophomore Spring.
- Stop in and visit our Recruiting Operations Officer (ROO) to begin the enrollment paperwork. The ROO can be reached at (513) 745-1066 or by email.
- Bring an original birth certificate and your original Social Security Card to the Xavier Army ROTC office (you will get those back).
- Complete an accurate CC Form 104-R, this is your schedule of classes required from the day you register in ROTC until you graduate. It is completed with you and your Academic Advisor and then reviewed by ROTC Cadre.
Campus-based scholarships are very limited. All Cadets enrolled in ROTC at Xavier who expresses a desire to obtain a commission will be placed on an Order of Merit List (OML). As scholarship opportunities are made available to us we make offers to the number one Cadet on the OML. If you are awarded a campus-based scholarship these are the benefits you may expect.
- Tuition and all required fees
- $1200 per year for books (paid in $600 installations per semester)
- A monthly tax-free tiered stipend between $300.00 for Freshman to $500 for Seniors
- Room and board incentives may be available based on which school you attend
How do I qualify for an Army ROTC scholarship?
ROTC is interested in students with Scholar, Athlete, and Leader attributes or "SAL's". You must be medically qualified, have high morals, and high ethical standards. Call the ROTC office at (513) 745-1066 or email to start your future.