GMAT Waiver Policy
Though standardized test scores play a significant role in determining an MSCA student’s potential, we at Xavier’s Williams College of Business also recognize the value of professional work experience and certifications. Because of this, a request for GMAT/GRE waiver can be made by candidates who have five or more years of professional or military experience.
Why We Value Standardized Test Scores
Applicants to our MSCA program come from a wide range of professional and academic institutions. Because each of these universities and organizations impart a unique set of skills on our applicants, reviewing common factors such as standardized test scores can be extremely useful for our admissions committee. The traditional graduate school exams of GMAT and GRE are the tests that often provide this information.
The Value of Professional Experience
Creating a diverse community of students is an essential element of Xavier’s MSCA program. Our students bring unique experiences and perspectives to our classrooms, facilitating a rich, collaborative learning environment. Forgoing the GMAT/GRE permits established, mid-career individuals to focus on their graduate studies – tapping their experience, skills, and ideas – and not having to divert time, energy, and funding to a standardized test.
Military and the GMAT Waiver
Although we do not offer military members or veterans course credit for their service, we do value the leadership and decision-making skills developed during military service. For this reason, we also allow military members and veterans with five or more years of military experience to apply to our programs and request waiver of the GMAT/GRE.
Securing a GMAT/GRE Waiver
Applicants may petition for a GMAT/GRE waiver based on a variety of criteria, including:
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited institution of higher education
- A minimum of B+ or equivalency in an Undergraduate Statistics course (which included ANOVA and Regression) taken within the past 5 years
- High Academic Achievement (note the average Xavier MBA student cumulative undergraduate g.p.a. is 3.4)
- Professional business analytics certifications such as ECBA, CCBA, CBAP, AAC, CFLBA, CPRE, PBA
- Progressive work experience of 5 years or more with demonstrated career and leadership growth
- Completion of Masters or terminal degrees or post graduate certificates from degree granting institutions
Note, applicants must submit all other required application documents before a waiver will be officially granted. A waiver granted by another program at Xavier University does not indicate that a waiver will be granted by the Xavier MSCA Program. Waiver consideration is unique to each program.
The Admissions Committee reserves the right to request a standardized test score (GMAT or GRE) from any applicant. In rare cases during the review process, the Committee may not be able to make an informed decision solely on the information provided. In these cases, an admissions counselor will request a test score on the Committee’s behalf.