Applications are accepted throughout the year from students with a bachelor's degree and a solid academic background. You may begin the program in the summer, fall, or spring term
To apply for official acceptance as a degree-seeking student, submit the following application materials to the Office of Graduate Admission:
- the graduate application form
- one official transcript sent directly from the college/university to the Office of Graduate Admission, of all previous undergraduate and graduate course work
- official test scores from the Miller Analogies Test (MAT) or the Graduate Record Exam (GRE). The MAT is offered here at Xavier. For information about registering for the MAT, please call 513 745-3531. If you have previously taken the GRE and want to have your scores sent to Xavier, please contact GRE at 1-888-GRE-SCORE.
- three letters of recommendation
- a professional resume
- Montessori statement of purpose - Complete form and email Statement of Purpose and Professional Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In addition, applicants may be invited to attend a personal interview with the director of Montessori education.
Applications are processed immediately upon receiving all of the necessary materials, and you will be notified of your status as soon as possible. The admission committee considers all of the information contained in the admission application, including prior grades, test scores, and evidence of potential for success in graduate study.
Test waiver option
Admission test score test may be waived under one of the following conditions:
- 3.0 or higher cumulative GPA in undergraduate matriculation; or
- 3.2 or higher cumulative GPA graduate (15 credit hours or more completed at the graduate level); or
- Licensed teacher; or
- Graduate degree
*International students may have additional application requirements. See http://www.xavier.edu/international-admission/graduate.cfm for more information.
**This applies to Graduate Degree Programs in the School of Education, excluding Human Resource Development and Leadership Studies.
For questions regarding the application process, e-mail the Office of Graduate Admission at email@example.com.