XU.tutor EVALUATE: Evaluating sources for content and relevancy
This tutorial will take approximately 20 minutes to complete.
Student Learning Outcome
The information literate student will be able to EVALUATE the accuracy and validity of the information he or she finds, in order to inform his or her critical thinking processes.
This tutorial will teach you how to:
- Asses the quantity, quality and relevance of your search results.
- Examine your search results to determine currency, relevance, authority, accuracy and purpose.
- Identify potential gaps in your search results.
- Revise your search strategy.
Table of Contents
- Why evaluate sources?
- Evaluation Criteria
- Review your assignment
- Evaluating Books
- Evaluating Articles
- Selecting relevant articles
- Evaluating Websites
- Types of Websites
- Review of the Research Process
- Helpful Resources
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.